985 Bay Street
Rochester, NY 14609
Map & Directions
Night before surgery: All spay/neuter patients must have food withdrawn at midnight the night before surgery. Water is okay. Surgery may be cancelled if your animal receives any food the morning of surgery.
Day of surgery:
- Please walk your dog before arriving at the clinic the morning of surgery. He/she will be inside all day.
- Please leave dogs in the car while you check in.
- Dogs must arrive on a leash.
- Cats must be in a clean pet carrier (commercially manufactured for the purpose of transporting felines) with a secured door. We recommend that you cover it with a towel or sheet to keep the cat calm. Surgery may be cancelled for cats arriving in poorly repaired carriers, boxes, laundry hampers or other homemade devices. Cardboard carriers are available for purchase on the day of surgery for $7.
- Owners arriving with multiple cats need to provide 1 carrier per cat. Multiple cats arriving in 1 carrier may have surgery rescheduled or the owner may be required to purchase the needed cardboard carriers.
- Unless otherwise instructed, pets must arrive promptly at the following times:
- Dogs—7:30 AM
- Cats—8:00 AM
- Feral Cats—9-9:30 AM
- Since RCAC has a very strict schedule on surgery days late arrival the day of surgery may result in an extra $15 fee or possible cancellation of surgery.
- PLAN TO BE AT THE CLINIC 30 MINUTES when you drop off your animal for surgery.
- Pick-up for all surgical patients will be as follows:
- Dogs—2:30 PM
- Cats—4:00 PM
- Feral cats—4:30 PM
- Please note that occasionally these discharge times may need to be changed slightly due to unforeseen circumstances or emergencies.
- RCAC conducts group discharges at the listed times. Failure to arrive on time for your scheduled discharge time may result in a $15 fee.
In order to receive a refund you must provide 48 hours notice of cancellation by calling 585-288-0600 (leave a message if needed). No-shows on surgery day and late cancellations (less than 48 hours) are subject to a 25% rescheduling fee. A $20 administrative fee will be deducted from all refunds on cancelled surgery.