985 Bay Street
Rochester, NY 14609
Map & Directions
All spay and neuter surgeries are scheduled in advance, and detailed information about our check-in and discharge procedures is provided when the appointment is booked.
In order to receive a refund, you must provide 48 hours notice of cancellation by calling 585.288.0600. No-shows and late cancellations are subject to a 25% rescheduling fee. All refunds are subject to a $20 administration fee.
On the morning of your scheduled surgery appointment, pets must arrive promptly at the following times:
Feral Cats—8:30 a.m.
PLAN TO BE AT THE CLINIC 30 MINUTES when you drop off your animal for surgery.
Since RCAC has a very strict schedule on surgery days late arrival the day of surgery may result in an extra $15 fee or possible cancellation of surgery.
- All dogs must be left in the car while you come to check in. (Since our waiting room is small and we have a significant number of animals checking-in, this will help to minimize your dog’s anxiety.)
- Cats must arrive in a secured carrier. We also recommend that you cover the carrier with a towel or sheet to keep the cat calm.
- Dogs must arrive on a leash.
- Pick-up times occur on the same day of surgery at:
Feral Cats—4:30 p.m
RCAC conducts group discharges at the listed times. (Failure to arrive on time for your scheduled discharge time may result in a $15 fee.)
- If possible, we always recommend that you plan to have someone home to monitor your pet for several hours after discharge. Complete post-operative instructions will be provided verbally and in writing when you come to pick-up your pet.
Please note: Due to unforeseen circumstances or emergencies at RCAC, occasionally discharge times may vary from those originally designated, there may be a considerable wait upon discharge, or surgical procedures may need to be rescheduled.